Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dijon.


Dijon mustard. What the heck am I doing with Dijon mustard in my fridge!? 
Decided to try to have a Dijon mustard-themed night. I know, it's just so exciting.

Honey-Dijon Grilled Porkchops.
Pear & Gorgonzola Salad w/ Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Roasted Asparagus.

Honey-Dijon Grilled Porkchops
  • 3 T. Honey
  • 2 T. Dijon Mustard*
  • 1 ½  t. white wine vinegar
  • Couple shakes of salt.
  • Several shakes of pepper.
  • Splash of Worcestershire
  • 2 lbs. Thin-cut boneless pork chops

  1. Whisk together the honey, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire. 
  2. Marinate the pork, covered, for 30 minutes.
  3. Grill the porkchops until done over medium heat (4-5 minutes each side). I wish I could offer more advice on that, but I just handed them over to Michael and he took care of the grilling!
*I would have preferred to use a grainy mustard, but all I had on hand was a smooth dijon. Sometimes you just have to work with what you have!


Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 T. White Wine Vinegar*
  • 1 T. Dijon Mustard
  • Salt & Pepper
  • ¼ t. Sugar
  • 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
I threw together a mixed green salad with thin slices of bosc pears and gorgonzola cheese. Pear & Gorgonzola salads are one of my all-time favorites, and I think this is the perfect dressing for them.

*The balsamic vinegar I used is a really thick, sweet aged balsamic- I added a tablespoon of white wine vinegar to make the dressing a little more acidic- I don’t think this would be necessary if I had used a different balsamic. By the way, my balsamic vinegar (and a really delicious flavored olive oil that I absolutely love to use) came from a beautiful, unique little shop in Prescott, Olive U.


Asparagus

  • Arrange asparagus in a single-layer on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. 
  • Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle on some salt & pepper.
  • Roast at 400 degrees until tender. Approximately 10-15 minutes, less if the stalks are thin.


Totally delicious dinner. I wish I had leftovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment