Have you ever seen It Takes Two?
When Alyssa eats her first Sloppy Joe?
That's how I felt today.
My mom used to make Sloppy Joes from a seasoning packet- which was good, but I decided I wanted to try to make them from scratch.
This was my first Sloppy Joe since grade school and.. Holy Delicious... Michael thought they were fantastic.
- 1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
- 3/4 cup Ketchup
- 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
- 3 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- Dash of Cayenne Pepper
- Dash of Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon Quick-Cooking Oats
- 1/3 cup Water
- Brown the beef, onions, and bell peppers in a pan. Drain the meat well.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients- simmer on low for 20 minutes.