Friday, March 18, 2011

Sloppy Joes

Have you ever seen It Takes Two
When Alyssa eats her first Sloppy Joe? 
That's how I felt today.



My mom used to make Sloppy Joes from a seasoning packet- which was good, but I decided I wanted to try to make them from scratch. 

This was my first Sloppy Joe since grade school and.. Holy Delicious... Michael thought they were fantastic. 

Sloppy Joes
  • 1 pound Extra Lean Ground Beef
  • 1/2 Yellow Onion, chopped
  • 1/2 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 teaspoon Yellow Mustard
  • 3/4 cup Ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons BBQ Sauce
  • 3 teaspoons Brown Sugar
  • Dash of Cayenne Pepper
  • Dash of Worcestershire 
  • 1 tablespoon Quick-Cooking Oats 
  • 1/3 cup Water
  1. Brown the beef, onions, and bell peppers in a pan. Drain the meat well.
  2. Mix in the remaining ingredients- simmer on low for 20 minutes. 
Serves 5 
260 calories per serving 
260kcal + 150kcal (bun) + 100kcal (1 cup of fruit salad) = 510 calorie meal


1 comment:

  1. i DO remember that movie and that scene..
    sloppy joes are a staple in my house :)

    ReplyDelete