Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Spinach Pasta Salad

Groooocery Day! I got a little carried away at the store this morning and picked up a few ingredients I don't usually have on hand- feta cheese and artichoke hearts. I really wanted to try to make something new, so I made up a couple recipes based on dishes I've had to eat before.
I've wanted to try to make a pasta salad for awhile now, it seems so basic- but I've never tried to make one before! I used vegetables that I usually have on hand, and my go-to Balsalmic Vinaigrette recipe. It turned out pretty delicious! This might be my new go-to potluck side dish!

Spinach Pasta Salad
  • 12-oz box of Rotini Pasta
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette
  • 3 cups Baby Spinach
  • 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
  • 1 Red Pepper, chopped
  • ½ Red Onion, chopped
  •  Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, halved or 2 regular tomatoes, large dice
  • ½ cup Artichoke Hearts, quartered and marinated
  •  ½ cup Black Olives, halved
  • 8 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled or cut into small cubes
  1. Cook the pasta according to the box’s directions to al dente. Drain well.
  2. Combine the vegetables & pasta- toss with the vinaigrette.
  3. Gently mix in the feta cheese so it doesn’t break apart.
  4. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment