Groooocery Day! I got a little carried away at the store this morning and picked up a few ingredients I don't usually have on hand- feta cheese and artichoke hearts. I really wanted to try to make something new, so I made up a couple recipes based on dishes I've had to eat before.
I've wanted to try to make a pasta salad for awhile now, it seems so basic- but I've never tried to make one before! I used vegetables that I usually have on hand, and my go-to Balsalmic Vinaigrette recipe. It turned out pretty delicious! This might be my new go-to potluck side dish!
Spinach Pasta Salad
- 12-oz box of Rotini Pasta
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Yellow Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- Pint of Cherry Tomatoes, halved or 2 regular tomatoes, large dice
- ½ cup Artichoke Hearts, quartered and marinated
- ½ cup Black Olives, halved
- 8 oz. Feta Cheese, crumbled or cut into small cubes
- Cook the pasta according to the box’s directions to al dente. Drain well.
- Combine the vegetables & pasta- toss with the vinaigrette.
- Gently mix in the feta cheese so it doesn’t break apart.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.