Saturday, April 2, 2011

BBQ Chicken Pizza


Last time I made homemade pizza, I literally spent hours making & monitoring the dough. And it tasted just like... pizza crust. I opted to use Pillsbury Pizza Crust this time because it was 1- on sale. 2-easy. 3-tasted exactly the same. 
I used fresh cilantro from my little herb garden! When we first moved in, we wanted to find something we could use as a firepit- one of Michael's friends brought an old tractor rim over as a housewarming gift. But I ended up taking over and turning it into my own little herb garden. My herbs are getting really big, and all of them are thriving. I'm excited to have so many fresh herbs at my disposal. 
 This is the finished product! For some reason, I can NEVER get my pizzas to be round or square, they always end up being some weird combination of the two. But taste-wise, it ended up exceeding my expectations.

BBQ Chicken Pizza

  • Pillsbury Pizza Crust
  • 1/2 c. BBQ sauce (I used Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy)
  • 1 1/2 c. Mozzarella, shredded (I used low-fat)
  • 1/2 c. Cheddar, shredded
  • 1 chicken breast, grilled & cubed (leftover chicken would make this even easier)
  • 3 T. Cilantro
  • Jalapenos (optional)


  1. Preheat the oven and roll out the pizza dough according to the package's instruction. Pre-bake the dough 2-3 minutes less than directed. *I used a nonstick, dark pan- so I rolled out the dough as thin as I could, then pre-baked it at 425 degrees for 6 minutes. I just hate when they dough isn't fully cooked in the center, blegh.
  2. Once the dough is pre-baked, spread the BBQ sauce over the dough. Top with remaining ingredients. Bake as directed on the package *I baked it for 12 minutes, then broiled it for about 1 minute so the cheese could get a little brown.

1 comment:

  1. Try combining two of your recipes here. I make all my pizza with a beer bread crust and it is so extra yummy!! I spread it out on a stone and bake it for 15 minutes at 400, take it out and top it and bake still all melted and gooey

    ReplyDelete