Healthy changes/additions that I use to justify eating this while on a diet:
Substituting half the white flour with whole-wheat flour.
Using applesauce in place of canola oil
Two of these little guys are perfect for this recipe.
Using fresh, grated zucchini!
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Original Recipe from skinnytaste.com
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or chocolate chips
- 2 cups grated zucchini (1 medium)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- Whisk the flours, cocoa, b. soda, b. powder, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, applesauce, canola oil, vanilla, and unsweetened chocolate until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the zucchini, chocolate chips/walnuts. Divide batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pans.
Serves 16 (8 slices per loaf)