This pasta was so good it blew my mind. I was ridiculously proud of myself. It took 30 minutes from start to finish.
This is what it looked like a day later for lunch.
Here it is, all fresh and delicious, in all it's glory.
First, I minced a boatload of garlic.
By a boatload, I mean 8-10 cloves. Whoa.
These were my fresh ingredients:
One chopped onion.
Chopped basil & parsley.
Boatload of minced garlic.
One lemon, even though there are 2 pictured.
Saute the mushrooms & onion in butter and olive oil.
Once the onions are translucent, add the garlic,
Saute until fragrant, about a minute.
**Start boiling a large pot of salted water!!**
Add in the shrimp.
I used 1 lb. of 41-50 count shrimp.
I removed the tails.
It was on sale, and I like little shrimpies in my pasta instead of big guys.
Continue to saute until the shrimp are all nice & pink.
Dump in one can of diced tomatoes.
**Your water should be boiling now, throw the capellini (angel hair) pasta into the water**
Stir everything around while your pasta boils.
The pasta should only have to cook for about 3 minutes.
Add in as much crushed red pepper flakes as you want!
Once the pasta is done, use a pasta grabber/pasta fork
and take it directly from the boiling water into the shrimp pan.
Add in the fresh parsley and basil.
Squeeze a lemon over the top.
Mix everything together, along with a healthy sprinkle of grated Parmesan.
I didn't get a good picture of the final product
because I ate my heart out as soon as it was done.
But this is what it looked like this afternoon when I had leftovers for lunch!
Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Tomatoes
- 3 T. butter
- 3 T. olive oil
- medium yellow onion, minced
- 8-10 garlic cloves, depending on their size, minced
- 1 - 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 lb. shrimp, 41-50 count/lb, rails removed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- red pepper flakes
- capellini/angel hair pasta (I probably used 1/3 of a 1 lbs package)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. While the butter is melting, fill a large pot with salted water and bring it to a boil.
- Saute the onions and mushrooms in the olive oil/butter until the onions are translucent- add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet, and cook over medium heat until both sides are pink and shrimp is almost cooked through. Add the diced tomatoes (with juice) to the skillet. Stir in the red pepper flakes.
- By this time, the water should be boiling- add the pasta to the water.
- Once the pasta is done, transfer the noodles straight from the boiling water to the skillet. Turn the heat off, squeeze 1/2 a lemon over the pasta. Toss everything together, including the fresh herbs and parmesan.
Serves 4Publish Post
WeightWatchers Points+ / Serving: 12