Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
Spray an 8"x4" pan with Baker's Joy.
Grate one zucchini with the coarse side of your box grater.
One zucchini equaled exactly 1 1/2 cups for me.
Whisk together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
Beat the oil, applesauce, sugars, vanilla & eggs in a stand-mixer until well-combined.
Add the flour-mixture to the stand-mixer, and mix until just combined.
Fold in the zucchini (and chips or nuts, if you're using them!)
Bake for 50-60 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean.
25 minutes in, my house smelled AMAZING!
Lame picture! But I had to start dinner & was in a rush!!
Let it cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional- if you use them, you might want to decrease the cinnamon to 1 t.)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour (or use Baker's Joy!) one 8 x 4 inch pan.
- Whisk together (or sift) the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugars together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts/chocolate chips until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool
Points+ / Serving: 4*
*If chocolate chips and/or walnuts are added: 5 Points+ / Serving