Blackberries are on sale at Sprout's this week. Basil is growing in the garden. This is the perfect drink to go with my Mother's Day menu. I've actually been sipping on this all day. It's fab.
Blackberries, Basil, Agave Syrup, Ice, Sparkling Water (not pictured)
Fill a glass halfway with ice.
Throw in some blackberries and basil.
'Muddle' the ingredients.
Pour in 2 teaspoons of agave syrup.
Or more. Or less.
Top it off with Sparkling Water.*
Give everything a little stir. Deeeelish.
Blackberry Basil Seltzer
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 3 large basil leaves, or a few small ones
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- sparkling water
- Fill a tall glass halfway with ice.
- Add blackberries and basil, and muddle both ingredients with the ice.
- Add agave syrup and a little more ice.
- Fill glasses with seltzer water and give a little stir before serving.
*If you want to make this drink a little more flavorful, try to find a blackberry-flavored carbonated water, such as Clearly Canadian or Safeway Clear Sparkling Water.