Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is coming up and I want to come up with a special brunch menu for our moms. They gave birth without an epidural, you know.

Blackberry Basil Seltzer
You can find the recipe here.
So refreshing. So delicious. 
I need to figure out how to incorporate alcohol so I can use it to get through the day.

Spinach Strawberry Salad
You can find the recipe here.
It's just so good. I eat it all the time, Mother's Day will be no exception. 

Asparagus & Gruyere Tart
It'll be my first time making this bad boy.
Recipe & Results to follow.

Panini Bar
That's right- you heard me. A Panini Bar.
Caprese Panini:
Fresh Mozzarella, Sliced Tomato, Baby Spinach, & Pesto.
Grilled Chicken:
Grilled Chicken Breast (sliced), Provolone, Avocado, Roasted Red Peppers, & Chipotle Mayo.

Dessert is undecided. It'll be one of the three:
Vanilla Poundcake 
with fresh berries and homemade whipped cream.
OR
Frozen Berries with Hot White Chocolate
courtesy of Ina Garten.
OR
Avocado Poundcake
courtesy of JoyTheBaker.
I've made it before- it's the prettiest shade of green and delicious.



1 comment:

  1. without an epidural? You're not that old! Even my mom had one. Granted, they weren't very good back then, but still.....

    ReplyDelete