Michael & I decided we wanted a delicious breakfast this morning.
Scrambled eggs weren't going to cut it.
So we decided to get fancy & make a frittata.
But first, I had to tell him what a frittata was.
I didn't feel that good about it because when everything
was mixed together it kinda looked like.. barf.
But after a little stint in the oven.. it was fantastic.
This is definitely our new egg-dish of choice. It was so good!Greek Frittata
recipe from Real Simple
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the olive oil to a 2-quart baking dish and transfer to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl whisk together the eggs. Season with the salt and pepper. Add the spinach, green onions, and cherry tomatoes. Gently stir in the feta.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, pour in the egg mixture, and bake for 25-35 minutes until the edges are browned and the frittata is slightly puffed.
*We halved the recipe for the two of us, but still had some leftovers.