Thursday, June 16, 2011

Caramel Apple Cookie Bars

Caramel Apple Cookie Bars

Start with pre-made sugar cookie dough.
You can roll it into a circle, or press it into a pan.
I cut the dough into pieces, placed it in the pan, then smoothed everything out with waxed paper.
Bake the cookie dough until it's lightly golden brown and firm to the touch.
How long is that? Hmm.. I don't know. I forgot to set my timer.
About 17 minutes? I have no idea.
Allow the cookie to cool completely.
Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth & fluffy.
Spread it evenly over the cooled cookie crust.
Core & Slice the apples.
Slice the apples about 1/4 inch thin.
Use whatever method you choose to keep them from browning.
Lemon Juice, Lemon-Lime Soda, Ascorbic Acid..
I used Lemon-Lime Soda. I soaked them for a few minutes then patted dry.
Arrange the apples over the cream cheese/pb layer.
Make it beautiful. More beautiful than mine.
Don't disappoint me.
Drizzle caramel over the apples.
Voila!

Ingredients:
  • Sugar Cookie Dough (16.5 oz package)
  • 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Peanut Butter, smooth
  • 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
  • 3 Granny Smith Apples
  • 1/4 cup Caramel Sauce

Tip: I used caramel ice-cream topping, but over time it spread instead of holding it's shape. Next time, I'm going to melt down caramels with just a little bit of milk, then drizzle it over the apples.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great. When are you opening your bakery?
    -Ted

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Yummy! I love caramel!

    -Mrs.Bryant

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was amazing Sumi. BTW, I suck at reading this thing regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this SAME thing, but on a giant sugar cookie! http://www.imalazymom.com/2011/10/taffy-apple-pizza.html

    ReplyDelete