Blackberry & Cream Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter. Cream the sugar into the mixture until light and fluffy, making sure to scrape down the sides occasionally. Add the egg and vanilla, beat until smooth. Add half of the flour mixture, mixing until all the flour is moistened. Add all the milk, mix until incorporated, then add the rest of the flour. Continue to mix until no streaks of flour are visible and everything is well combined. Fold the blackberries in carefully.
- Divide the batter between the muffins cups. The cups will be filled above the rim.
- Bake for 19-22 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden, a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, and the tops spring back when lightly pressed.
- Cool muffins before serving. Store in an airtight container.
Makes 12 muffins.