Thursday, September 15, 2011

Bacon Ranch Chicken

I made this the other day and I had really low expectations. Such low expectations that I didn't bother taking a single picture... Then we ate it for dinner. And it was delicious. Then I ate the leftovers for lunch. And it was just as delicious. Then Michael ate the leftovers for dinner again. Do you know what that means? That means it was still so delicious that MICHAEL ATE LEFTOVERS. That is unheard of in this house.

It's a recipe from theCrockPotGirls.com. It's chicken in a creamy sauce over egg noodles- nothing fancy, but super simple and delicious.

My only request when you make this meal? Invite some vegetables to dinner. Some fresh vegetables. And not vegetables covered in butter or sauteed in oil. Plain, steamed veggies or a salad. I like to pretend veggies counter-act sodium and creamy sauces; I lie to myself all the time.

Bacon Ranch Chicken
  • 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3 Tbsp. ranch dressing mix (or 1 packet)
  • 2 Tbsp. real bacon bits (didn't have any so I crisped two strips of bacon then chopped them up)
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 tsp. black pepper
  • Egg noodles
  1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, ranch mix, bacon bits, garlic & black pepper- pour over the chicken. 
  2. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. 
  3. Boil the egg noodles according to the package's instructions. 
  4. Remove the chicken; shred it, put it back in the pot, then add the egg noodles and stir to combine. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment