- 1 (18.25 ounce) box of Devil's Food cake mix
- 1 (5.9 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake tray with paper liners or spray with non-stick spray.
- In the bowl of a stand-up mixer (or in a large bowl, with an electric mixer), combine all the ingredients and beat for about two minutes on medium speed, until smooth.
- Distribute the batter between the cupcake liners, approximately 3 tablespoons each.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the tops spring back when you touch them lightly with your finger.
- Allow to cool completely.
*Makes approx 30 cupcakes.
Cookies 'n Cream Frosting
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 - 2 lbs. powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 12 Oreos, crushed
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer until light. Add in the vanilla, and mix until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar in batches until you reach your desired consistency, then add in milk and fold in the crushed Oreos.
- Frost cupcakes with a pastry bag. I topped each cupcake with a mini oreo.