The wall has a sense of 'community'. People can post recipes, or requests recipes, and almost instantaneously there will be 5-10 responses.
If you're not into Facebook, they also have a website- CrockPotGirls.com.
Originally, I was planning to make this recipe tomorrow because I didn't have time to put it together before class.. But then.. the Franc/Block Wall/Fire Dept incident happened and voila! I was home early enough to make a crock pot meal.
adapted from the Crock Pot Girls' Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup olives (I used pitted kalamata & a few green)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, in oil (julienned or chopped)
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 1/2 t. chopped garlic
- 1 t. Greek seasoning (from WorldMarket)
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/4 t. pepper
- 2-3 sprigs thyme
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on low for 5-7 hours.
Our spunky little girl.
What is the Franc/Block Wall/Fire Dept incident, you ask? Well, let me tell you.
Franc is our dog. She is a delightful, hilarious, sweet little creature.. except for the fact that she's a neurotic little turd. She stuck her head in a drain in our block wall and got stuck. Like, head in the front yard-rump in the backyard stuck. She yelped her little heart out until a neighbor called 911. The police & fire department were at out house chipping away at the wall until she was released. Luckily, this little fiasco had a happy ending- she's totally fine, and napping on the couch next to me right now. Ah, the joys of puppy-motherhood...