Monday, February 28, 2011

Fish Tacos for Two.


Baja Sauce
  • 1/4 of a red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
  • 2 T. diced onions
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 2 T. cilantro
  • 1/4 c. mayo
  • 1/4 c. sour cream
  • 2 t. vinegar
  • 1/4 t. black pepper
  • dash of cumin
  1. In a food processor or blender, puree the bell pepper, jalapeno, onions, and garlic until smooth. 
  2. In a small bowl, combine the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, pepper, and cumin. Stir in the pureed vegetable mix. Refrigerate at least 3 hours to allow flavors to combine.

Unfortunately, I do not have a food processor, nor do I have a blender. 
I blame this on the fact that I am unmarried. 
People don't BUY food processors or blenders for themselves... they register for them. 
Maybe one day... But until then- I use my handy little Cuisinart Mini-Prep. Lime Green. Totally cutesy. 
Smells like I'm burning out the motor EVERY time I use it. Eek.
It doesn't really 'puree' so I just hit 'chop' 'grind' 'chop' 'grind' over and over.

Mahi Strips
  • 1 large Mahi-Mahi Fillet, sliced about 1/3" - 1/2" thick
  • Salt & Pepper
  • 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 t. Fajita Seasoning
  1. Mix the fajita seasoning & flour together. Season the fillet slices with salt and pepper. Coat with fillets slices with the seasoned flour. 
  2. Heat a few tablespoons of canola oil in a medium pan. Once the pan is hot, cook the fish until golden-brown and cooked through. About 4 minutes per side
  3. Drain on paper towels


While cooking the fish, prep the condiments & heat the corn tortillas.
I served mine with:
Quick Pico (Diced Tomato, Scallions & Cilantro)
Shredded White Cheddar
Diced Avocado
Shredded Cabbage
Lime Wedges
& Baja Sauce

Beautiful Man. :)

2 comments:

  1. You seriously cook like this everyday? I didn't even have time to shower today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's safe to assume I'm eating DiGiornio pizza or Del Taco the nights I don't post recipes.

    ReplyDelete