Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tiffany's Broccoli Salad

And as a follow-up to my sad blog about gaining weight and vowing to change my ways... I'm posting a mayonnaise-based recipe. FAIL.

Michael's uncle is in town this weekend and everyone was asked to bring a side to a BBQ. I had no idea what to bring, then I remembered that I always request for Tiffany to make broccoli salad every time we have a BBQ- it's easy, delicious, and only has a few ingredients. I've watched Tiffany make it a few times; she eyeballs all the ingredients so it took me a few adjustments to get things right, but it turned out delicious!

I couldn't take a picture of it because I felt like a total creep taking pictures of the food in front of Michael's family at the BBQ, if we're going to be honest!

I love this picture of Michael & Tiffany :)

Tiffany's Broccoli Salad
  • 10 cups Broccoli Florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1 small Red Onion, diced
  •  1/2 cup Raisins
  • 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained (I forgot to buy these, Oops!)
  • 1 cup Mayonnaise (I used low-fat mayo, doesn't make a difference)
  • 1/3 cup White Sugar
  • 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 2/3 cup Cashews
  • 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
  • 5 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
  1. Whisk together the Mayo, Sugar & Vinegar in a large bowl- toss in the Broccoli, Onions, Raisins & Water Chestnuts. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
  2. Before serving- mix in the Bacon, Cashews & Sunflower Seeds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment