Michael's uncle is in town this weekend and everyone was asked to bring a side to a BBQ. I had no idea what to bring, then I remembered that I always request for Tiffany to make broccoli salad every time we have a BBQ- it's easy, delicious, and only has a few ingredients. I've watched Tiffany make it a few times; she eyeballs all the ingredients so it took me a few adjustments to get things right, but it turned out delicious!
I couldn't take a picture of it because I felt like a total creep taking pictures of the food in front of Michael's family at the BBQ, if we're going to be honest!
I love this picture of Michael & Tiffany :)
Tiffany's Broccoli Salad
- 10 cups Broccoli Florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained (I forgot to buy these, Oops!)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (I used low-fat mayo, doesn't make a difference)
- 1/3 cup White Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2/3 cup Cashews
- 1/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 5 slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
- Whisk together the Mayo, Sugar & Vinegar in a large bowl- toss in the Broccoli, Onions, Raisins & Water Chestnuts. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Before serving- mix in the Bacon, Cashews & Sunflower Seeds.