Holy smokes. This was delicious. Michael declared it my best meal of 2010.
Asian Glazed Chicken
[Original Recipe from SkinnyTaste.com]
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- Pam spray oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 t. Sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 t. ginger, grated
- 1 T. scallions, chopped
- 1/2 t. sesame seeds
- Brown the chicken over high heat in a large, heavy saucepan lightly sprayed with Pam. About 3-4 minutes. It doesn't need to be cooked- just browned.
- Combine the water, sriracha, balsamic, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, and ginger in a small bowl. Pour over the browned chicken. Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, bring the sauce to a boil, and allow it to reduce down for 8-10 minutes on medium-high heat. Watch the sauce carefully so it doesn't burn, and turn the chicken occasionally.
- Once the sauce has reduced down (will be about the consistency of maple syrup), transfer the chicken to a platter, drizzle with the sauce, and top with the sesame seeds and scallions.
Points+ / Serving: 8
I served this with steamed broccoli, brown rice (for me), and potstickers (for Michael).
Chicken, Rice & Broccoli: 12 Points+
*This was enough food for 3 people. We gorged ourselves.