This is my absolute favorite holiday cookie. I get so sick of chocolate-this and chocolate-that (I can barely believe the words are coming out of my mouth either); this cookie is a nice little vacation from chocolate chip. I baked about 10 dozen of these over the holidays, and I'm still not tired of them!
Cranberry-Orange Cookies with White-Chocolate Chips
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. orange extract
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 3/4 t. baking soda
- 1 heaping cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffy- add egg and the extracts.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt until well-combined.
- Fold in the chips and cranberries until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon (or roll into balls for a more uniform look) onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes; the edges should be barely golden and the cookie will look slightly underdone. Cool on the baking sheet for three minutes, then allow to cool completely on a wire-rack.