Chocolate Pot de Creme
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk (I've substituted 2% with success as well)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place chopped chocolate into a blender.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and heat in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and almost boiling.
- Pour the hot mixture into the blender over the chocolate. Cover and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Hold a kitchen towel over the lid of the blender to be safe, everything will be hot.
- Divide the mixture among 6-8 ramekins or small cups and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Top with lightly sweetened whipped cream before serving.
Make individual dessert cups by topping the pot de creme with brownie chunks, raspberries, and whipped cream. If you stabilize the whipped cream with gelatin they can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance. Perfect for a party!